Pros & Cons: Social Media Most Popular Platforms
People think Facebook is “dead”, and Facebook is dying due to the new restrictions on the news feed and the drop in reach, they also think there’s no need for Facebook, but that’s not the case. There are several benefits of this particular social media platform for your brand.
1. It helps in exposing your business to potential costumers, there are millions of people using Facebook 24/7, so imagine you post your business on Facebook and millions of people sees what you do, those in need of your service with definitely reach out to you.
2. It also helps you to lower your marketing expenses. It costs nothing to open a Facebook business page, the only thing that might cost you something which is actually not necessary is a cover page for your brand because you will have to get a designer, but you can you pictures of your business. Which actually works most times. The only time you will have to spend money is when want start doing adverts, to boost your likes and boost your posts, of which you have to do on your page.
3. Facebook helps you to reach your targeted audience. Since there are over billions of Facebook users, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they will all like your page, but in a situation whereby you are doing a local business, you direct your adverts to your targeted audience, note that the adverts might cost you money but the likes and potential customers are laser targeted. But if you put your adverts on tv you won’t be sure if your adverts targeted the right kind of audience but with Facebook you can be certain if you target your adverts correctly.
4. It helps in building your brand loyalty aside from being at a place to build a customer base and sell products, a Facebook business page can do wonder in helping you build brand loyalty, if you consistently provide valuable and entertaining content, your followers will stay loyal to you even when you make mistakes. If your followers see you are always active and responsive they will want to do business with you.
These are the benefits of Instagram for your brand or business
1. Instagram helps you to connect with customers across multiple channels:
Using Instagram on your business site allows you to connect with customers across multiple channels and increase cross channel engagement.
For example, let’s say you display photos from your Instagram account on your website. When a customer is browsing on your site, they may not follow you already on Instagram.
But when they see a gallery of Instagram photos, they can click through to see your account, start following you, and re-connect with you later.
2. It helps you to reuse marketing materials with Instagram you work smarter, not harder
Using Instagram photos in your online marketing plans allows you to work smarter, not harder.
You already need a social marketing strategy, so why not reprocess those photos across channels and leverage them as marketing images on your site or on you Instagram adverts?
This saves you the trouble of needing to create more content.
3. It helps you to Know how your content will perform ahead of time
You never want to invest in Instagram resources in content that won’t perform well. Luckily, on Instagram, you already have feedback about how your audience will react to content before you take up a valuable product on your website or spend money for Instagram adverts.
Before choosing content for your Social media advertising you can measure the results of how it was received on Instagram. This allows you to choose the photos that customers liked most on Instagram and then display them on your site, rather than guessing which product photos will perform best.
If you don’t already have a solid user-generated content marketing strategy to increase sales, it’s time to jump on board. It’s the single most effective way to grow relevant traffic and sales. Instagram has the potential for user-generated content built in.
Instagrams pictures are user-generated content by nature
On Instagram, customers are constantly creating and sharing images of their own.
With their permission, you can use their images for your own marketing.
So Looking at both benefits, which do you think is more suitable for your brand?